Welcome to JulieOps’s documentation!¶
Welcome to JulieOps documentation, in this site we recollected notes and guides to provide the beginners, but as well reference for the most experienced on implementing a gitops approach for operations in Apache Kafka.
If you have landed in this page is because you aim to get started with JulieOps. To get you started we recommend:
Want a quickstart ? checkout our demo in [here].
New to gitops and kafka, check the Core Concepts page.
If you are ready to jump in, start with the How to setup a full workflow (by example).
To learn more about JulieOps listen to this podcast with Pere Urbón-Bayes.
To install JulieOps and enable your teams to use a gitops approach when managing Apache Kafka you need:
A CI/CD server, for example Jenkins, but any other will serve the purpose
A git repository where the Topology description will be stored
And for sure a Kafka cluster :-)
See the How to setup a full workflow (by example) section to learn more how to setup the required components to enable the full workflow.
if you already have this components, you can install the JulieOps agent:
As an RPM package for RedHat/CentOS linux distributions.
As a DEB package for Debian based OS.
As tar.gz source package.
As well in the form of a docker image, available from docker hub.
If case you require any help regarding the usage or development of JulieOps, don’t hesitate to contact our gitter community. In the future, when there is the request we might as well create a mailing list or other method of communication that help people using this project.
- Core Concepts
- What can you do with Julie Ops
- Understanding the descriptor files
- How can you install Julie Ops
- Handling delete in Julie Ops
- How to setup a full workflow (by example)
- A collection of Julie Ops Demos
- Julie Ops is currently helping this organisations with Apache Kafka
- Important configuration values
- Access control configuration
- RBAC configuration
- Schema Management
- Topology Builder backend usage and selection
- Customize the topic naming convention
- Optimised number of ACLs and RBAC bindings
- Internal topics prefixes
- Managed DLQ topics with JulieOps
- DLQ topic naming format
- Topology validations
- Prevent ACL for topic creation for connector principal
- Prevent ACL manager to delete dedicated rules for JulieOps
- Retrieve topic management state from local controlled view
- Retrieve management state from local controlled view
- Control allowed Topics to be managed by Julie Ops
- Control allowed Service accounts to be managed by Julie Ops
- Control allowed Group to be managed by Julie Ops
- HTTPs configuration (TLS)